What & why we process data
- When you use the Website and/or Services, we process personal data relating to you. Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes (each indicating the legal grounds), including:
When and on what basis?
- Using the Website (consent and if applicable legitimate interest)
- Contacting us (permission and if applicable legitimate interest)
- Applying for jobs (permission)
- Identification data (name, address, email, phone,…)
- Contact details
- To improve the visitor’s user experience on the website
- Responding to requests for contact
- To make the application procedure possible
- We do not, in principle, forward any of the personal data you provide through the Website to social media providers unless you consent.
- In addition to the above purposes, we may also process your personal data:
- To provide you with the information on products and services you request in a personalized and efficient manner, whether through the Website, email, telephone or social media channels.
- To process your personal data so that we can provide you with certain Services.
- For direct marketing purposes, i.e. to provide you with targeted communications, promotions, offers and other advertisements from us or our selected partners. For this purpose, we will ask for your prior consent.
- To perform statistical analysis to improve our Website and/or Services, or to develop new products or services.
- To provide to a financial institution or payment service provider, to enable your financial institution and the payment service provider to comply with their legal obligations.
- To transfer to the police or judicial authorities as evidence of possible crimes or if there is reasonable suspicion of an unlawful act or crime committed by you through your registration with or use of the Website or Services.
- In the context of a possible merger with, acquisition of/by or demerger by a third party, even if that third party is located outside the EEA.
Who we share data with
- We do not transmit your personal data in an identifiable manner to third parties if it is not required for the operation of the Website and/or to provide the Services, without your express consent.
- We may use third party processors to provide you with the Website and/or Services. We ensure that third party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf, and upon written instruction from us. We guarantee that all third party processors are selected with due diligence so that we can count on the security and integrity of your personal data.
- We may transfer anonymized and/or aggregated data to other organizations that may use this data to improve products and services and to organize the marketing, presentation and sale of products and services on a customized basis.
Where we process data
- We and our third party processors will only process your identifiable personal data in the EEA.
- We may transfer your anonymized and/or aggregated data to organizations outside the EEA. If such a transfer takes place, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data, and that any rights in relation to personal data that you might enjoy under applicable mandatory law are guaranteed and the necessary legal protection mechanism is put in place.
- Through following organization, a transfer to outside the EEA takes place.
- Google Analytics – USA (Standard contractual clauses)
How we process data
- We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe from unauthorized access or theft and from accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our staff or staff of our third party processors is only possible on a need-to-know basis and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations. However, you understand that the care for safety and security are only best-effort obligations that can never be guaranteed.
- If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services may be considered (a) a violation of the terms or the intellectual property rights or any other right of a third party, (b) a threat to the security or integrity of the Services, (c) a danger to the Website or Services or systems of us or our subcontractors due to viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any way illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or offensive, we may process your data in the interests of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
How long do you keep my data?
Retention periods vary depending on the nature of the service provided. We will keep your data:
- As long as necessary for the purposes for which they are collected and processed.
- As long as they are necessary to comply with our legal, contractual and judicial obligations and to fulfil our commercial operational activities.
- You have the right to request access to all personal data that we process about you. However, requests for access that are apparently made with the intention of causing inconvenience or harm to us will not be processed.
- You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If you have registered on our Website, you can correct many of these details yourself through your profile. If such a request is made, you must also include with it proof that the personal data for which correction is requested is incorrect.
- You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent to the processing of your personal data. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
- You have the right to request that personal data relating to you be deleted if you withdraw your consent to its processing. However, you should note that a request for deletion will be assessed by us in light of legal or regulatory obligations or administrative or court orders that may prevent us from deleting the personal data in question.
- In lieu of deletion, you may also request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the accuracy of that data, (b) the processing is unlawful, or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the stated purposes but you need it to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
- You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data if you can demonstrate that there are serious and legitimate reasons relating to special circumstances that justify such opposition. However, if the intended processing is classified as direct marketing, you have the right to oppose such processing free of charge and without justification.
- Where your personal data is processed on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically possible, you have the right to transfer this data directly to another service provider. The technical feasibility of this is evaluated exclusively by us.
- If you wish to make a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. This request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. We will promptly notify you of the receipt of such request. If the request is found to be legitimate, we will comply with it as soon as reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the request. Additional identification regarding your identity may be requested.
- If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by us, you can always contact us at the e-mail address [email protected]. If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you are free to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Data Protection Authority, rue du Mail 35, 1000 Brussels. For more information, please visit https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.